24-Hour Home Care
Providing superior home health care for your aging parent or loved one. Stay in Place Senior Care is a Canadian owned, family run business offering a personalized approach to your elderly care needs. Seeking home care can be a very difficult and demanding task. Whether your loved one is transitioning home after a hospital stay, residing in long-term care, or living at home, Stay in Place Senior Care is here to make assisted living easier for you.
Our certified caregivers support and nurture our clients’ need for independence, regardless of physical or cognitive ability. It is our mission to give clients and families comfort knowing that assisted living is being delivered with compassion, dignity and respect. Together we work with families, clients and caregivers to develop and execute a care plan that best suits your needs. Communication with our caregivers is our priority to ensure care is precise and up to date.
What is 24-Hour Home Care?
24-Hour Home Care means that a caregiver or several caregivers are rotating shifts to care for your loved one in their home. Someone is always awake. Caregivers work an 8-hour or 12-hour shift.
Live-In Home Care vs Hourly Home Care
When it comes to choosing in-home care for an elderly person, there are many options. Live-in and 24-hour caregivers may seem like the same terminology, but they vary in how much time is spent with the senior, depending on their care needs. Understanding these differences will help determine what type of live-in or hourly home care would be best suited for each individual’s circumstance.
Hourly Home Care
- To ensure the client is always taken care of, two or more caregivers take turns on shifts to be awake and available day and night.
- A trusted and alert caregiver is always awake to care for your loved one. By rotating caregivers, they are able to stay alert and ready when new situations arise with a senior who wanders at night, needs toileting assistance at night, or may become confused and just need some company and reassurance.
Live-In Home Care
- Live-in caregivers work around the clock to take care of their clients. The 8-hour break and sleeping bed is provided for them so they can rest when not working.
- With two scheduled caregivers, your senior loved one will find a deeper sense of comfort. The heightened familiarity with the elderly’s favorite routines and moods helps to better manage dementia diagnoses as well.
- Live-In Home Care may not be the best choice for the senior who needs assistance at night with toileting, wandering, or confusion. The caregiver must be able to sleep, take breaks, and rest.
We provide 24-Hour Home Care at home in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke and Western GTA.
How Do Families Get Started with Stay In Place Senior Care?
Getting started with Stay In Place is easy. Finding home care for yourself or a loved one often begins with one simple question – “Where do I begin?” By answering a few questions about who needs care and their current situation, our online “Get Started” form will help our staff get connected with your family to discuss your needs.
Whether home care is required immediately, or you’re simply researching options, Stay In Place Senior Care is a great place to start. Talk to our caring staff today.
24-Hour Home Care for Seniors
What Services Are Included with Hourly Home Care?
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Care
- Elder Care
- Cancer Care
- Respite Care
- Personal & Companion Hourly In-Home Care
- Bathing, Grooming & Hygiene
- Dressing, Undressing
- Wheelchair/walker assistance & Transfers
- Ambulation Assistance
- Incontinence Care, Toileting Assistance
- Medication Reminders & Assistance
- Healthy Meal Preparation
- Feeding Assistance
- Light Housekeeping & Laundry
- Transportation to Appointments
- Errands & Grocery Shopping
- Comforting Companionship
- Accompany on outings
Stay In Place Senior Care makes it easy to get started with home care.
When you contact our office, we will schedule a free consultation with you and your loved one.
Based on this free consultation, we will develop a custom senior companion plan. This plan will be modified according to your loved one’s unique care needs and preferences. Once we’ve developed your loved one’s plan, we will match them with a companion caregiver.